Saturday, July 10, 2010

Week in Review #1 (Hot in Hurr)

  It's been a strange week in this part of the country (tri-state area). In North Jersey we endured a stretch of days where the high temperatures looked like an honor's students test scores. According to weather.com, Sunday we reached 96 degrees farenheit, Monday 97, Tuesday101 and 99 on Wednesday. Although in my mom's car the thermometer read as high as 105 on both Tuesday and Wednesday for whatever that's worth. In NYC and Newark, NJ temperatures hit 103 on Tuesday, records for both cities.
  Now on Wednesdays and Thursdays I receive deliveries at the store where I work. Which means I need to be at work (not awake or just getting up, at work) by 6:30. Usually it's no problem. Just hit the hay a little earlier. This week it was a problem and, as you can probably guess, the heat had something to do with it. In my house we have one air conditioner unit - the house was built long before central air. The a/c is on the main floor and we have fans in the bedroooms which usually do a good job to keep everyone cool. But on Tuesday evening the fans were no match for the oppressive heat. With my fan blowing full blast, it felt like it was blowing warm air on me, I couldn't get to sleep. I spent most of the night reading and watching Youtube vids on my iPod. Didn't fall asleep until a little after 3:15 (at least that's the last time I remember seeing). I woke up the next morning and had one of those 'that's the last straw damnit!' attitudes. I purchased a (relatively) cheap a/c later that afternoon and haven't looked back since.

No comments: