Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Domincan Withdrawal

I can't deal with school right now. I spent the last week in paradise enjoying free food and beer and I don't think I can view life the same ever again. I'm definitely going through withdrawal -- but eventually I guess I will be able to go back to the way things were and buckle down and get my work done. But I really don't want to.
It's funny how a trip like that can change your perspective on the world. I left from JFK as a 21 yr. old college kid who works really hard to get a lot of stuff done each week. Then for that one week, I met some incredible people and made memories I will never forget. Perhaps most important however, Ididn't have a single care in the world. Isn't that how life should be? Shouldn't we all take more time to appreciate the things we have and the ones we love?
Obviously, as a student-journalist, I know that this is just my own ramblings on how life SHOULD be and that my life will never be that way. Yet, enjoying a week in the Dominican Republic with 20 of my best friends taught me a lot of lessons, and did a lot to alter the way I view the world -- for the better I think. I hope.

No comments: