Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Comfortably Numb

This is definnitely a STRESSFUL time of year for me and, I think, many other college students. It is the time of year when preparing for midterms, presentations and term papers is a common ritual for college students. But with the incredible weather we're having as of late, my mind continually wanders to one thing: summer.
Sure, I don't know what I'm going to do for a job this summer; but at this point I don't care -- anything will do, and just about anything will be better than my last job. I'll take what I can get as long as it means that I'll be home for a fewcarefree months
I'm sick and tired of being talked down to by "professors" that think they know what they're doing. I'm sick of half of my friends because they think they're my friends when in fact all they can do is talk about their own dumb lives. (That probably doesn't make sense but I don't care, it's my blog lol.)
I love Iona and I love my house in New Rochelle, but after nine months of hard work, I think I could use a break -- I think we all probably could. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Easter Break.
Oh well, I guess I should stop complaining. Life could be a lot worse; but sometimes, it doesn't really seem that way. With the warm weather here it's a chance to take my mind off the truckload of work that I have due in the coming weeks -- and trust me that's a good thing.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments: